In this post i share some biblical reasons that i could think of about why God is good. This is because someone asked me about this. This list is not complete, but these are some of the major reasons about why God is good and just:
- Because of Jesus’ life Acts 10:38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him.
- Because of Jesus’ death Titus 3:3 For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another. 4 But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that being justified by his grace.
- Because the bible says that goodness is in His very core Exodus 33:18 Moses said, “Please show me your glory.” 19 And he said, “I will make all my goodness pass before you and will proclaim before you my name ‘The LORD.’ And I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.
- Because the beauty of this world makes me believe that ultimately good not evil created it Psalms. 139:14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
- Because many circumstances that have brought pain I have seen God redeem and turn to good Genesis 50:20 As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.
- Because he has consistently demonstrated his goodness and kindness Psalms. 31:19 Oh, how abundant is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you and worked for those who take refuge in you, in the sight of the children of mankind!
- Because his goodness and kindness is seen through his people 2 Corinthians. 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
- Because His law is just Romans 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.