Today’s society is unknowingly trapped in slavery. All it would take is for everyone to wake up and look around, the banking empire only exists because society doesn’t say no to it. If everyone would understand things would likely change.
The modem banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight of hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in iniquity and born in sin. Bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money and control credit, and with the flick of a pen, they will create enough money to buy it back again. Take this great power away from the bankers and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear, and they ought to disappear, for this would be a better and happier world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of Bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money and to control credit.” Sir Josiah Stamp, Director and President of the Bank of England during the 1920’s
In all this it is imporant not to focus on earthly treasures, but more on heavenly treasure. Matthew 6:19-21 says the following about this: Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also
How to break free from banks
Many Christians that have come to a conviction of how ungodly and harmful the banking system is, have decided to be separated from such a system.
Doing so is quite simple, a banks main source of power is in people depositing money with them to gain interest, and people borrowing money from them at interest. Therefore, the best way to stop empowering the system would be to:
1) Keep your money invested elsewhere, such as in cash, or invested in land, precious metals, a productive business, etc.
2) Not borrow money from banks at interest.
Some Christians who are against the banking system may not have any objection of conscience to having a bank account if it is only used for sending and receiving sums of money, and funds are not held in the bank longer than needed to facilitate a transaction, and the account does not bear interest. For example they might have a bank account to receive wages from their employer, which they withdraw soon after receiving them, and they may deposit cash into the account when they need to send funds to somewhere else.
This kind of a relationship with banks might be compared to hiring somebody to transport cash/property between two parties. Using the banks transaction services, would not necessarily equate to partnering with them in their other more questionable activities. But there may be other ways to facilitate sending and receiving money without banks.
Some Christians who are against usury, may believe it is best to not have a bank account at all for any purpose. Some may even decide that keeping savings in cash is to partake in usury, since the paper money we have today is simply backed by the promise of the issuing government, and most governments are in large amounts of usurious debt, which means the currency itself is indirectly backed by usurious debt rather than something real. In past times governments issued money backed by gold stored in vaults, and you could exchange your paper notes for gold at any time.
One way to avoid usury-backed government money is to partake in bartering and non-usury based mediums of exchange such as gold and silver coins, which have been used as money for thousands of years. The use of such coins is growing in popularity around the world, especially among adherents of faiths that reject usury.
Some other peaceful ways to take action against usury:
- Teach family and friends about the wisdom of avoiding credit, and lead by example.
- Write to political leaders to forsake partnering with the financial slavery through usury. Including governments helping students get cheap student loans, governments subsidizing mortgage debt, and governments bailing out failing banks at the expense of the general populace.
- When voting consider where political leaders stand in regards to usurious debt.
- Boycott and avoid companies that make profits from promoting usury.
- Boycott and avoid companies with large investments in usurious activity. For example Apple Inc. has many billions of dollars of cash invested in different ways, the public doesn’t know how a large portion of their cash is invested, but it has been reported that their investments include about $21 billion of US government debt, $7 billion in government debt of other countries in the form of “sovereign securities”, and $9 billion in mortgage and asset-backed securities, and they collect multiple billions of dollars of usury/dividends on these investments each year.
- Consider whether your retirement savings are invested in ways that align with your personal ethics regarding usury.
- Consider seeking employment only in companies that do not partake in or promote usurious debt.
- Write letters to lawmakers to protect/allow the freedom to use alternative mediums of exchange, such as gold and silver coins, which are usury-free money.
- If your government is in debt, consider whether accepting money from it in the form of things like social security payments is actually accepting debt money, which somebody has to eventually pay for with interest. Social security is one of the biggest drains on governments and a leading cause for governments to get into debt. Social security should only really be a consideration for those that cannot survive without it.
- The opposite of partaking in usury is to give of ones productive labor for the greater good of society, therefore consider seeking employment where your energies can be spent producing goods and services that are essential and beneficial to society.
- Protect yourself and your family from media and advertising propaganda that seeks to influence peoples thinking towards instant gratification, materialism, debt, etc. Replace them with positive influences like studying Scripture, prayer time, and good Christian fellowship.
It must be acknowledged that ultimately the root reason why things like usury exist in the world today, is because of the wickedness in each human heart that is separated from God. A corrupt heart that is spiritually enslaved by pride, greed, and other sins can never be set free by outward regulation, education, or other human means. The only real cure for a sinful heart is the miracle of new birth, which is a work of God’s Spirit, done in the hearts of all that acknowledge their inner bankruptcy, and in humble faith surrender their lives to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, the sinless Son of God, who out of love for the world died on a cross for all our sins, and rose again to live forevermore! In coming to know the reality of God’s selfless love for us personally, our heart cannot but be filled with love for Him, and other humans.
Therefore the fight against injustices like usury is only partly about educating people of its woes and the wisdom of avoiding it. But the greatest action we can take against injustice is to point people to Jesus, and allow His words, His presence, and His example bring transformation into peoples lives.
“And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:32).